Share the post "The Last Door Mac PC screenshots"
Independent game company The Game Kitchen is excited to release a new chapter for The Last Door, an episodic point-and-click horror adventure game featuring stylish pixel-art graphics and a foreboding orchestral soundtrack, for PC, Linux & Mac and other flash- enabled devices. The game was successfully funded on Kickstarter in late 2012, and has now released three full chapters to the public.
In this new instalment, titled as “The Four Witnesses
”, our main character (Jeremiah Devitt) who was believed to be dead, appears in a new strange and unknown hostile place full of crude people, having a theatre play ticket inside his pocket with no clue about how he got there. Then, he will have to explore a risky and sordid slum to discover the real truth of his past.
Additionally, this third episode features again the disturbing and exceptional soundtrack composed by the great award-winning musician Carlos Viola. In words of Mauricio García, project manager of “The Last Door”: “It’s unbelievable how Carlos maintains the outstanding level of his work, in this new chapter the music can be defined as a piece of art.
” but this is not the only improvement, according to the team: “We are quite satisfied with this new chapter in many senses: it keeps a great narrative giving continuity to the saga plot, we also think we have improved puzzles and the new locations are really appealing
. In short, we think this is our best chapter.
” they conclude.
Concurrently with the launch of this new chapter, the indie studio announces that “Memories”, the second episode of “The Last Door” will be also released for free, so anybody can enjoy it without restrictions.
Now that the new chapter is online and running, The Game Kitchen starts their crowdfunding campaign to start building the next episode: Chapter Four. All donations will be welcome to help this small studio to go on with their fantastic job.
Storyline of “The Last Door”
The spine tingling story unfolds chapter by chapter, allowing players to join in at any time to unravel the harrowing mystery behind The Last Door. From the beginning, the story follows Jeremy Devitt, a University professor of Philosophy, who receives a distressing letter from an old childhood friend. Jeremy returns to the manor of his friend to confirm his suspicions that something terrible has happened. Jeremy will have to explore the deserted mansion, seeking clues to unravel the terrible mystery behind his own past and the fate of those closest to him.
In the second chapter, Devitt visits the boarding school he and his friend attended when they were young. The school has since become a hospital assisting the care of terminally ill patients. As Devitt continues his dangerous journey, he begins to suspect that there’s more to the hospital than meets the eye, and nothing is what it seems.
As mentioned above, in the fourth chapter, Devitt avoids an inevitable death and ends up in the foggy London, where he will have to face new and intriguing obstacles, puzzles, obscure characters and dark secrets in a completely new gloomy scene: Old Nichols Slum. Will Devitt be able to finally place together his crude memories and discover the horrible secrets of his past?
The developers would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the development of The Last Door so far. To assist in the creation of the fourth chapter, please visit their donations page.
Key Features of “The Last Door” Saga.
- Story: Travel back and explore dark and mysterious Great Britain in the endings of 19th century, investigate ghostly and gloomy places to uncover mysterious secrets.
- Graphics: A unique visual style that will show only what’s necessary, triggering you imagination to bring the game’s world alive. Wander through uniquely designed low-res style graphics.
- Puzzles: Work through various puzzles and brain teasers to progress throughout the story.
- Music: Outstanding sound effects and a haunting original orchestral soundtrack, composed by the award winner Carlos Viola, completes the strange and frightening atmosphere of the game.
In the top of the game saga features, “The Four Witnesses” additionally stands out for:
- Length: This chapter is longer than the previous ones (around one hour of gameplay).
- Deeper Narrative: The story gets players more immersed and helps to develop and empathize with the character and his story.
- Visuals and Features: New and amazing visuals show up in this new chapter.
- Participation: Within this chapter, the community has got highly involved and has widely participated in the creative process.
- Excellence: In words of the developers; this is the best instalment so far.